Modern Woman in Property & Construction: Networking & Fireside Chat with Katie Kopec
Modern Woman in Property & Construction
Networking & Fireside Chat with Katie Kopec
What to expect:
- Inspiring conversation with Katie Kopec, International Director at JLL
- Insights about the commercial real estate sector
- Meet like-minded experienced professionals
- Create trusted connections to foster collaboration and to grow in your work and the industry
- Katie’s inspiring career journey of over 30 years in real estate and 38 years at JLL
- An overview of the current commercial market and what will the face of commercial real estate look like post-pandemic?
- How EDI has changed over the years and what we can do to create a more inclusive industry
- How we can encourage more women into senior roles
- Why property and construction provides lucrative career opportunities to grow and excel at all levels
- How to open the doors to new talent
Katie Kopec is one of the foremost development advisors in the industry having achieved a wide range of complex developments for a range of clients across the world. Katie’s work involves advising on land use options and disposal and acquisition of sites for corporate landowners, developers and public authorities. With experience of over 35 years, she has been involved with a number of large scale urban regeneration schemes across the UK, with a particular focus on London and regional cities like Manchester and Internationally in Dubai, Jeddah, Hong Kong, Beijing and numerous Continental European Cities including Hafen City in Hamburg.
Katie’s experience includes:
- Katie is the JLL lead for JLL’s Strategic Placemaking Consultant appointment at Winchester City Council. This is a four-year appointment which started in 2019. Having undertaken a piece of work to understand the competitive positioning of Winchester and identify ‘gaps’ in the current real estate offer, JLL are advising WCC on how to future proof the City. Alongside ensuring the overall strategic direction and vision for the City, Katie is providing advice on two key regeneration sites; the Central Winchester Regeneration opportunity which will provide a new mixed-use environment at the heart of the City and Station Approach which is located opposite the train station and will provide a new business offer.
- Katie is the JLL lead providing advice to British Land for their 53 acre site in Canada Water London. The masterplan will deliver a vibrant new mixed use office, retail and residential scheme and is a long term project that presents a unique opportunity to create an attractive, mixed use town centre which fully reflects the needs of local communities.
- Katie spent five years as a secondee to London & Partners, the official promotional arm for London, where she advised the Mayor of London on regeneration and development opportunities across London to encourage inward investment. Due to this role Katie has close relationships with the Department for International Trade both in the UK and with consulate offices across the world and International Investors particularly from EMEA and Asia.
- Katie worked on the initial positioning and occupier targeting for Canary Wharf to create a new financial district for London. Including market research and development advice to identify product and financial occupiers. This advice has continued over the 25 years of the project which is now diversifying from an occupier and use perspective.
- Katie has been involved in looking at the impacts of large scale events on real estate markets and regeneration. Katie advised the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) and the Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) on the Press and Media Centre, having also advised London 2012 on their bid for The Games and subsequently on legacy and masterplanning for the Olympic Park and surrounding area. She advised The London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) on securing temporary venues and continues to work with the LLDC on legacy issues.